Saturday, June 4, 2016

Caution: Enter Livery at Own Risk

First things first: the Welsh Cob stallion, the second 6/6 wild horse we've caught this year, has a name! Since it was Julie and Flare who found him, Julie is keeping him and got to pick out the name. Meet Iolite.


His namesake is this blue violet stone:


Legend has it that Vikings looked through a thin slices of iolite to help them locate the sun on cloudy days. I hope this horse has a good sense of direction so that he lives up to his name!

Wait a second, how has Julie ended up with both 6/6 wild horses we've caught this year? I smell a conspiracy! Oh well, I'll just try to wait patiently for my next horse, which needs to be a mare. 

It's hard being patient, though. Really hard. Last night, I took a leaf out of Bethany's book and... yeah, I went livery stalking. Wouldn't you know it, I found some highly tempting mares!

Mare #1:


What a horse! Gorgeous breed and color, 6/6 stats, great personality.... What's not to like? 6 more stat points and I'd have adopted her in a heartbeat! But seeing as we already have a Gypsy Vanner in the herd, 
Bethany's Airbrush
I figured I really should leave her for somebody else. Within 10 minutes, she was gone. No big surprise there!

Mare #2:


This striking +71 mare is a mere 2 stat points shy of being 6/6. Like the Gypsy, she also has the investigator persona. But again like the Gyspy, we already have the Racking Horse represented in our herd. Twice, actually:

Bethany's Yoshi
Julie's Xia
We also have a bay tobiano gaited horse already:

Bethany's Infrared the Tennessee Walker
So far, I have been good and resisted, but as of this posting, she is still available for adoption. I'm quite tempted to go back for her even now. After all, I personally don't have a Racking Horse or a bay tobiano. It would be such a shame for her not to get a home!

Mare #3:


A big, beautiful liver chestnut Suffolk with an adorable star! She's 5/6 with the highest stat total of all three mares, +76. My goodness, why did I walk into the livery?

If she wasn't so skittish and lazy, and if she'd had 4 more stat points, again it would've been an instant adopt. We don't have any Suffolks yet, and she reminds me of one of the first wild horses we ever caught, a Suffolk stallion named Murray. 

Well, I waited around half an hour. Then I just couldn't stand it anymore and adopted her. Our buddy Gem loves Suffolks, so it's possible she might be interested. If not, I'll see if I can talk my sisters into keeping her. XD

2 comments:

  1. Suffolk power!!!
    Keep her! Keep her! Keep her!
    :D ~Gem

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Also when I took a closer look, the Suffolk mare's star is missing from the list of genetic markings...)

    ReplyDelete

We're Up to 30!

 We took home our spotted mule on the last day of the bazaar. Even though our Evie is a "near leopard" and the spotted blanket app...