Saturday, March 3, 2018

March Mares

I'm afraid that Interesting Avatars Part 2 isn't ready yet. It will be coming soon, but the weather is too nice this weekend for any of us to buckle down on it. I did want to quickly share with you our latest HI2 news, though.

Our paths crossed with 3 great mares this past week. (We've been keeping an eye out for mares especially because we have two more stallions than mares in the herd right now.)

Bethany spotted the first in the livery.


Her breed, personality, and color are all strikes against her being adopted. We happen to be quite fond of Kaimanawas, though (just ask Yonder and Blush <3). If she'd had one more stat point, Bethany may have caved. I hope somebody found her and took her home!

Rally and I fluted the second on Sunny Glade Isle.



As far as the short-necked Iberian Warmbloods go, she is a great one! Her hooves and her luxurious mane make me smile, and her stats are pretty good too. It's too bad they're not high enough for her to stay permanently.

I spotted the third mare in the auction house on Friday evening. Her auction was nearly over, so I didn't have much time at all to deliberate. After consulting with Julie (Lily and Bethany were in another room), I decided to make the minimum bid. A long minute later,



I know, I know. The new month had hardly started, and here I was already filling our March slot. I hope when you see her you will understand. 


I intended her to be a surprise gift for Lily, our resident Hanoverian lover. I figured that Forte, her dream sooty palomino stallion, would like a Hanoverian friend. Our herd has also been sadly lacking one of the coolest horse colors out there, rose gray, for years, and this was my chance to remedy that. 

Not only is she pretty in her profile, but her avatar is a winner too!


Her only drawback is her personality label, Gadfly. (The nicest definition of gadfly I've been able to find is somebody who upsets the status quo. I won't bother to share the less endearing ones. ;^))

How did Lily react? Well, I think Hanoverians are to her like Nezes are to me. She tried to act like she was displeased and like I shouldn't have done it, but I could tell it was just that: an act. Next time I checked online, the mare looked like this:



I think we all know what that means. XD You're welcome, sis.

No comments:

Post a Comment