Saturday, April 14, 2018

Lurking in the Livery

There have been some really nice horses in the livery this past week! I know, I know. I should be staying far, far away. But somehow, I just can't keep myself from looking. You never know when you might find your next gem like my Esker, Quasar, or Groovy, for instance. XD And of course, there's still a remote chance I could even find Coquina, my dream Florida Cracker mare, there.

This mare came close!
Right color, great personality that's even symmetric in its distribution, and only one negative stat! If only those stats added up higher! *Sighs* 

The next batch of horses below all were surrendered by the same player, I believe. This is just a sampling - he or she was really unloading.

<3 As much as I love Felicity's awesome blue roan Abaco mare, Cascade, it would be so fun to have a pinto Abaco in the herd! (That's how I picture them in my head.) Alas, she's 10 stat points shy of the magic +80. 

I bet my Brumby Kestrel would have been delighted had I decided to add any of these fine specimens to the herd! I feel like the breed is often overlooked on HI2, but I think they're quite easy on the eyes and love that they come in such a wide range of colors and patterns!






I will be content with my Kestrel. None of these Brumbies, however cool, have his unique dappled, rabicano look or his goofy striped hoof. <3

Next up is a Datong with lots of bend-or spots. I was really tempted to adopt him to retire to our Millennium Fields because of his cuteness and his "interesting personality."
I think we'd have named him "Arrow." =) Since we just kept that Shagya to retire last weekend, though, I decided I'd better resist his considerable charm.

Aren't you impressed by how good I was at leaving all those horses be?

*Looks down and shuffles feet guiltily*

Don't be. 





Sorry, guys, but he's +94 and so very shiny and handsome! I tried to resist him, really I did! I logged out and waited a whole hour to give other players a shot at adopting him. Nobody did, and I couldn't just go to bed and leave him there!

Maybe we can try selling him? I know we're all thinking of replacing our ranch store or our sheep pen with a horse store... Otherwise, who knows? The luck we've had lately with wild horses (they've all been +3/6 or less) maybe we'll want him as our May horse? He would make an excellent "Quartz" or "Rhodium," don't you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment