Saturday, February 9, 2019

Tropical Dream

The wild winter weather continues. This week featured back-to-back mornings of freezing rain, followed by an overnight flash freeze and more snow. We are not among the thousands without power, thank goodness!

Here are some pics of artistically iced plant life. (Fortunately, it melted off before the new snow came)




It's around this time of year that many residents take vacations to warmer, sunnier places like Florida, the Caribbean, Arizona, Mexico, and Hawaii. We're going nowhere as usual.

PepsiSummer has been doing quite a lot of traveling for her quests, though. Sadly, she hasn't come across a single wild horse - the only ones we've seen lately are the ones we've fluted.

When I was in the auction house selling one of those fluted horses, I found my own little touch of the tropics: a Florida Cracker mare in one of my two dream Florida Cracker mare colors!



Her stats are not impressive, but her personality sure is! Not only does it have the "investigator" label, but it is also eye-pleasingly triangular and symmetric! Because of that, I couldn't help myself. I had to try! I outbid the one player who'd placed a bid (probably because of her 2000+ experience points?) and then logged out.

My evening was too busy for me to go back online and check, but the next morning I couldn't take the suspense any longer.

It rained gold dust and I had won the auction? Now that's what I call a great morning! =)
(Ha ha, also note that at 5 am there were only 9 players online!)

Here is her lovely coquina-colored avatar!


coquina: a soft whitish limestone formed of broken shells and corals cemented together and used for building
Is she the one? Coquina, my dream horse? If her stats were higher, there'd be no questioning it. But really, I am so tired of waiting for one with great stats - there hardly ever seem to be Florida Crackers for sale, especially these days with fewer active players on the game. I doubt we're going to be shelling out big bucks for a super horse token anytime soon. I think she's it. Now it's just a matter of breaking the news to Lily... wish me luck! 



If she does stay, those random song lyrics in her profile are hitting the road. I may keep the butterfly rump art, though. I do love purple, and it looks quite nice with the purple embroidered saddle blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment