Saturday, May 1, 2021

Our New Genetic Stat Champ

Welcome to May! It only seemed right to be working on a post about HI3 while watching Kentucky Derby coverage in the background. Congratulations to Medina Spirit!

This past week, we found a wild with a genetic stat total that blew Pringles's +1055 out of the water! Can you guess which of these five equines was the one to do it? 

Was it...

A. This champagne pinto who was hanging out near our ranch?


B. This awkwardly-spotted mesa wild?


C. This lovely wonderland brindle?


D. This cute badger-faced pony?


E. This uniquely-spotted pony also lassoed near our ranch?










(Leaving space here so you don't see accidentally see anything more before you're ready.)









(Okay, moving on now...)









It wasn't A. In fact, he didn't have any genetic strength points at all. Sorry, buddy!


Surprisingly, he ended up having good performance metrics. Three of the four we value most (speed, turning speed, and fear tolerance) are all quite good, and his jump power is ok too.


His personality isn't bad either.

So, even though his neck... um... lacks refinement, I couldn't help but get attached. I'm keeping him, and I've decided to call him Samson. <3



It wasn't B either. Her stat total was a bit higher than Samson's but still not out of the ordinary.


Even so, we're quite tempted to keep her because of the odd tovero-ness and speediness. 




Samson has her beat in all 4 of the categories we value most (speed, jump power, turning speed, and fear tolerance), and has the more desirable personality, though, so we're not sure we can convince Lily to agree to keep her too. Fingers crossed. (If she does stay, name change imminent. As much as we enjoyed Wicked the musical, we don't care for it as a name.)

It wasn't C. (Like we'd ever have gotten that lucky.) She was actually one of several pacing wilds we found while looking for PukkaPixie's ranch back around Felicity's birthday. 


Her performance metrics were just ok, and she was extremely lazy, so we couldn't seriously consider her. 


Too bad! She sure was fancy!


It wasn't D. He had the lowest genetic stat total of the 5.


I love his elaborately-decorated dished face, though! 

That leaves E! Yes, that's right. The short-legged, long-necked pony with the goofy spots has a whopping genetic stat total of +1104! 


As you may have guessed from those short legs, her performance metrics are nothing spectacular.


Oh no, ornery! Since she only just ornery enough to buck, hopefully Pepsi won't be dumped off much... 



So far, so good!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! They all have really interesting markings. Pity you cant keep them all! Build some more barns! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm glad you thought they were all worthy of staying too. Yep, I'm nearly always gathering wood and stone while out and about, ha ha. The current problem is more my limited supply of infinitum amulets, since I insist on putting one on every horse I keep. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! That must get expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Pepsi, it's Gem here! I've seen your new horses in game and I guess I could've sent you a letter but I'm not by my computer right now so I'm dropping a comment on my phone haha! I wanted to let you know since I didn't see it in your post here but you've caught 2 more mutation horses! (Well 1 for sure is a somatic mutation and the other is a unique display of paint). Heath the grulla has bleach spots and Wicked the tovero displays airbrush! I hope you see this before you trader Wicked (if you decide to haha). Hope you're well! Hopefully I'll catch you online soon :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gem! Thanks so much for taking the time to tell me! Clearly I didn't know there was a name for what was going on with either Heath or Wicked. (*Cringes* Both need new names so badly...) Luckily I was still on the fence about Wicked, so she's still with me. I'm doing well, thanks! I hope you are less stressed than last time we spoke! I haven't had much free time lately to spend on HI3, but hopefully I'll catch you online soon!

      Delete