Saturday, August 13, 2022

Magnus

My birthday (Aug 8) fell on a warm, cloudy, occasionally rainy Monday this year. As I've been typing this post 5 days later, more rain and some non-alarming little thunderstorms have been rolling through. I don't mind - we've needed the rain - but it's just funny, because when I think of early-mid August, I think dry and hot.

We lassoed many equines on HI3 on the Sunday before my birthday. I figured we wouldn't have much time on the day itself, so I was really hoping somebody would find a keeper as an early birthday present for me. 

Lucky me: we did! To make it even more special, he is our first keeper from the snowy mountains biome, which is known for having large, cold-blood type wilds!


The name is a flop, but I was immediately smitten by the horse himself. (I love drafties, indigo eyes, and lots of hair, so how could I not be?)


As huge as he is, I'm not surprised he isn't very fast, but he still turns pretty well. He's lazy, which is annoying but not nearly as bad as being ornery or a stubborn leader. At 18%, we will be able to coax him into better behavior eventually, so I was more than willing to overlook it. 



Yay, this guy was sooo worth the long trudge through deep snow to lasso! <3 Many thanks, Lily and Inky! I have renamed him Magnus, and I think he's relieved. XD

I did briefly visit HI3 on my birthday as well, and I was greeted by this:


=)

My first birthday wild was my favorite of the 4 savanna residents I lassoed.



He isn't fearless or flame-colored, but he sure is speedy for a wild!


Even though this guy would've been more practical to keep than Magnus (faster and not lazy), I just wasn't feeling it. Magnus is (in my opinion, anyway) so much easier on the eyes, and we have loads of savanna wilds already. So, Magnus stayed and Fearless Flame did not. 

We found yet another cool wild today chilling near another elephant on a savanna beach.



She's champagne and brindle, which is awesome. Her conformation... not so much. Swan-like neck, short head, hooves like spades...


...and lazy. Again. Still, she is pretty cute, and I think the auto-generated name actually fits her. 



Hmm, my favorite is still definitely Magnus, but we'll see if any of my sisters get attached. I think odds are good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment