Monday, March 11, 2013

Daylight Saving Time Sucks


The Princess Bride: a classic. Sidenote, though. Websites seem to agree that the correct term is "daylight saving time" with no "s." Who knew?

What is the deal with switching back and forth between daylight saving time and... um... non daylight saving time? I understand that if we didn't do the DST thing, we'd have less light in the evenings. So, DST is good because it saves $$ on lights, makes people feel like they can go out and do things after work, etc. 

What I want to know is why we don't just stay on DST all year round. It gets dark ridiculously early in the evening without it. Who really gives a rip about when the sun rises in the dead of winter? Newsflash: it's going to be depressingly late no matter what. 

The sleep disruption and general confusion of the bi-annual switching doesn't seem worth it to me, especially since whoever's in charge seems to make the non DST window smaller and smaller every year. Let's just make the permanent switch to DST and be done with it.


In other news, Mom drove our great grandma to the airport today. She's headed for a week-long vacation in Florida. I asked Mom if I could come along for the ride to the airport, thinking maybe I'd be able to sneak into great grandma's suitcase while no one was looking. No such luck. It's a school day. Ugh.

Right now Grandma's in the air over Tennessee about to cross the border to Georgia. Check it out.


I wonder if there was any turbulence over that band of rain. I wish I was going on a trip. Maybe I have a shot if the family goes somewhere over spring break... Come quickly, April.

No comments:

Post a Comment