Saturday, August 6, 2016

Breyer Zodiac Horses

We spotted this cool collection of classic-sized Breyer horses on Breyer's website the other day. There are a dozen of them, each representing a different sign of the zodiac. 
First row: Aries, Taurus, Gemini, and Cancer
Second row: Leo, Virgo, Libra, and Scorpio
Third row: Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, and Pisces
To be clear, my sisters and I don't really buy into the notion that the alignment of the stars and planets at one's birth have bearing over one's personality, future, etc. It's an interesting idea, though, and it is cool how sometimes a person really does have some characteristics of their assigned sign.

Let's see how my sisters' and my horses fared at matching our personalities, shall we?

First up: Felicity. Her birthday is April 21.



Well, the strong, reliable, and determined fits. Not so much the patience or the longing for a "beautiful" home. (Felicity is the least patient of the four of us and is definitely more about function than beauty.) xD I think since she was born on the cusp of Taurus (barely in the date range), she also shares some characteristic with the sign before hers, Aries.


There, now that sounds more like Felicity. =)

Next up chronologically in the year is Julie. Her birthday is June 30.

The name of this sign is unfortunate, but the horse himself sure is handsome. The personality description is actually pretty accurate. Not so much the moodiness or the "unpredictable nature," but the rest is very Julie. :)

And now for Bethany, whose birthday is coming up in just two days, August 8.



Hmm, well, she is quite warm, friendly, and confident. She is great fun to be around as well, and she's definitely braver than I am. Still, this description is a bit strong for Bethany - she is not nearly so bold, flashy, and extreme, and she's rarely the cause of friction. That's more a job for Felicity and me. XD

Finally, rather anticlimactically, is me, Lily. My birthday is October 15.
Oh, drat. Will I ever live it down that my horse is a posh, pampered show horse? I suppose it is true that I am very neat and pay more attention to how I look than my sisters do, but really now? Looking beyond that glaring sentence (if you can look beyond that sentence), that first sentence describes me fairly well. As for those last two lines of the first paragraph, while I am usually fairly calm and level-headed, I'm not nearly as easy going as Bethany or Julie. 

So there you have it. The signs sort-of work for us, and we all lucked out with good-looking horses. Got to say, though, it's a shame none of us have Virgo, Scorpio, or Aquarius! I think they are my favorites appearance-wise. Still, it is fun how together we have a representative of each of the 4 zodiac sign types: earth, water, fire, and air. I wonder if Mom planned that? Ha, I wouldn't put it past her. XD 

If you're curious to read more about any of the other horses of the zodiac, you can find them all by following this link to the page about them on Breyer's website:
Breyer Zodiac Horses


No comments:

Post a Comment