Sunday, March 19, 2017

Belated Luck and a Really Poofy Dress

PepsiSummer turned 4 this past Monday! Wow, 4 years of HI2! That hardly seems possible.

We didn't get to play HI2 much this past week, but that didn't stop HI2 from keeping things exciting. Kudos, our not-so-lucky Holsteiner, managed to get sunburn on St. Patrick's Day. According to the vet, it was the skin under his "white markings" that was affected. Guess that means the skin under his tiny little coronet band of white? XD I wonder if sunburn can happen to horses without any white markings at all on HI2? (We'll let you know if it ever happens to one of ours!)



Also exciting is Bethany's flute from yesterday! She and Doppler travelled out to Harbor Isle. As has been the case for us every time we've visited lately, it was devoid of wild horses, so she was very glad to have the flute to use. This time, it brought them this horse:



Immediately, Bethany called my sisters and me over to admire the cool avatar. Then we all watched hopefully as she captured it.



Whoo hoo! She's a keeper! +81, a mare, a new breed for our herd, and a stunning fleabitten gray all in one! I guess our luck was just a little late to arrive! (Though if anyone was to get lucky around St. Patrick's Day, it really ought to have been Lily. She has the Irish last name, after all.)

Here's another look at that gorgeous avatar! <3



It's looking like that pinky cremello Kaimanawa from the livery won't be staying with us after all. *Sighs* This one horse a month thing is really a drag, Lily. 



I wish we hadn't put her in tack already. =(

Now to totally change the subject. This is a bit after-the-fact, but American Girl has made some interesting decisions as of late.

Decision #1: AG is going to start making? maybe is already making? their dolls with built-in underwear. Why? I have absolutely no idea. AG isn't explaining itself either, just assuring everyone that briefs and swimsuits will still work overtop. Whatever, AG.

Decision #2: AG has decided to introduce some additional dolls and books in 2017. The first is Tenney. So original! (Not. Taylor Swift-esque, yes?)




Well, at least she's better than built-in underwear. And at least her guitar isn't bubblegum pink.

The second addition is Logan, Tenney's bandmate and AG's first ever male doll. Oh boy. I suppose it was only a matter of time.



Two thumbs down for me on the name choice. The Logan character on Zoey 101 has ruined that name for me forever, not that I ever cared for it much to begin with.

The best part about this Tenney craze in my opinion is her dark gold Golden Retriever. The poor guy is named Waylon (after Waylon Jennings, some famous American singer, songwriter, musician, etc. that I'd never heard of) and has to tolerate pink flowers on his collar. Maybe that's why he looks so sad in his photo.



More of these seemingly random dolls and books are going to be introduced as the year goes on. Also in the works are a Hawaiian doll (World War II era?)



and a Asian-American doll (modern-era?).


I'm sorry, but that beauty mark... So distracting...

And now for the biggest news of all...

Brace yourselves, dear readers...

Decision #3: AG has resurrected the Felicity Merriman doll!

How do I feel about this? Kind of bummed, because it means there will be a whole new wave of younger clones of me out there. Kind of pleased too, because it means my character's been missed enough that they're hauling her back out.

Just like they did with Samantha, I've been revamped in a new outfit. I like the color, but I'm not feeling the skirt. It makes me look as wide as a house, especially from the back.






Yeah... and sadly, that's the only outfit available for her right now. (Also, check out that ponyail! I wonder if my hair was that curly when Mom first got me?)

I really don't want to end on that note, so I will leave you with photos of some entertaining custom American Girl dolls and accessories that I discovered around Christmas this past year. It looks like they're still available on eBay. (Outrageously priced, but available.)



It's Harry, Ron, and Hermione in their Hogwarts uniforms! Also included: their wands, Hedwig, Scabbers, Crookshanks, potion bottles, and the invisibility cloak!



Ginny is sold separately.

Ha ha, I would rather hang out with these guys than with the country musicians any day. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment