Sunday, November 26, 2017

Staying Strong... Sort Of

You should be so proud of us, Lily! Bethany, Julie, and I have not expanded our herd at all this holiday weekend, despite the temptation of several very nice horses.

Yesterday, Bethany got mail from a buddy asking if we'd be interested in a Florida Cracker mare that had come into her possession.  



This mare is close to being her dream Florida Cracker mare, Coquina. She's light enough that the name would totally fit. She's gorgeous and only 1 stat point away from that magic +80. Bethany must've been so tempted, but she resisted! She's still holding out for a perlino or white grey, as she likes their avatars best. What self-control, Bethany!

Julie and Ravine fluted quite the handsome Trakehner yesterday afternoon on Oak Isle. The Trakehner, might I add, is one of our favorite warmblood breeds in real life. 



Julie thought this might be a lucky spot to flute from.


He is 5/6, his white markings and dapples make him extra good-looking, and his personality is pretty good too. Those stats only add up to +41 though, so Julie was also good and sold him in the auction house.

Two horses caught my attention on Thanksgiving Eve. The first was at the top of the list of the adoptable horses in the livery last night.



Quite a nice horse, right? I was able to resist him without too much effort, though, since his stat total is only +57.


I was way more tempted by another horse I noticed in the auctions, a Przewalski.




He's 6/6, +99, and he has the endearing "old friend" personality. Impressive, little guy! Time ticked by, and boy was I torn. If he'd been going to the foreign bidder, I'd have bid for sure. Unfortunately, I didn't have the must-keep-him-on-the-game excuse. Nor did I have the we-don't-have-a-horse-of-his-breed excuse. 



my apricot dun mare Lofty <3
I don't think Lofty would've cared much for him either, since her personality is "stuck up." I sure would've, though.



This screen came and went. I didn't let myself bid, as much as I wanted to. Nobody else bid either, and he wasn't re-listed while I was still online. Sorry, Przewalski! You are awesome! I hope you end up with someone who appreciates you!


Things may have been different had we not finally all come to an agreement on Cheeto and the Camargue last weekend. To recap, both are 5/6 +76 stallions we've caught. Our unofficial rule for keeping a horse that isn't 6/6 is for it to be at least +80, hence we technically should've let them both move on a long time ago. Obviously, we didn't. Luckily for them, we haven't been playing the game much over the past few months, and as a result we haven't found any other tempting horses (aside from Sassafras). So, we have decided to keep them both. Not a big shocker, I know. XD




Cheeto, with his birdcatcher spots and goofy crooked stripe, seems like he was meant to be mine, and now it's official! I'm so happy it worked out for him to stay. <3

The Camargue joins Bethany's gray Camargue stallion duo, Mistral and Murphy. Since he was fluted on Gas Isle, and since we couldn't come up with any gases starting with M (other than methane, and that would just be mean), Bethany decided to name him Krypton.




Bethany is keeping Sassafras too. Her wild tack combo is what happens when you want to use the cat saddle blanket and fall-leaf-colored halter and boots at the same time. Bethany's not sure yet if Sassy can pull it off or not. XD



No comments:

Post a Comment