Saturday, December 2, 2017

Random Number Fun

One of my favorite things about HI2 is its randomly generated wild horses. It's great fun to go looking for them and see what you find. However, since we only have two open horse slots right now, we haven't gone on any serious wild horse hunting expeditions lately.

We decided to entertain ourselves by each generating a random horse from the BBB instead. How? Google's random number generator!


Right now there are 136 horse breeds on HI2. (Holiday Colors shouldn't really count, but oh well.) So, I will change the Max to 136 and hit Generate.


The 92nd horse breed on the list is...



(Yes, I made this list. You're welcome. ;^))

The Mulassier!

In the BBB, if you look at the list of coat colors for a particular breed, it helpfully tells you at the bottom how many are possible. 


There are 45 possibilities for the Mulassier. So I'll set the random generator's Max to 45 and hit Generate again.


The 26th coat color for the Mulassier is...

Red Dun! <3 I will now select Red Dun and see my random horse!


Aw, he's quite handsome! =)

My sisters repeated the same process to see random BBB horses of their own.

Bethany's: 116, 15
palomino tobiano Shetland Pony stallion
Felicity's: 58, 156
red roan splashed white Grade Pony mare
Julie's: 46, 9
light dapple grey Fell Pony stallion
Such cute ponies! XD

It would be fun to use this method to decide what kind of horses to draw in a picture, or to determine what the equine characters in a story should look like...

Or my sisters and I could use this as another way to have some friendly competitions with each other. (Whoever generates the prettiest horse, smallest horse, largest horse, horse with the rarest coat color, etc. could get a prize of some sort... And if somebody was to get "Holiday Colors," they could really win big!)

Oh, the possibilities!

I'm not sure how it happened, but it's somehow already December. Even more remarkably, my sisters and I have so far managed to keep our New Year's resolution to only add a maximum of one horse per month to our herd. 


My sisters know all too well that this means we could still hypothetically add a horse yet this month. Bethany spotted a 6/6er in the livery this morning who was very tempting.


I bet he didn't last long in the livery at all! What a great horse! (Too bad his stripe doesn't show, though.)

Felicity looked wistfully at this one:


I bet she didn't last long in the livery either! <3 Patience, sisters. The month is young.

No comments:

Post a Comment