Saturday, January 13, 2018

2018 Girl of the Year

A new year means a new Girl of the Year doll from American Girl. Goodbye, 2017 model, Gabriela McBride. Hello, 2018 model, Luciana Vega.


Wow! AG hasn't done anything like her before!


I like the idea of this doll, and I really like her name. (I came close to being named Lucy myself, but I've got to say - I like the name Luciana even more.) I think it's great that AG is branching out from the traditionally girly pursuits. Her space-themed outfit is pretty cute - I'd totally wear that dress!

AG lost me with the hair, though. I suppose I can handle the permanent purple streak, even though it's not my taste. I'm sure much of the target audience will be on board with it. I just can't get past the side bangs. Ugh! Not only do I dislike the look, but I can only imagine how annoying it would be to be continually pushing them out of my eye. I'm so glad for my own hair! *Pats symmetric, non-annoying bangs.*

Luciana doesn't get a living pet in her collection, but she does get this cool robotic dog:


I wonder what her name is. It seems sad she isn't referred to by one.

Neither I nor any of my sisters are Girl of the Year dolls, obviously. All of us but Bethany have experienced being discontinued (only temporarily in Felicity's case), so we have some idea what it must be like for a Girl of the Year doll after her year is up. As this doll collection illustrates, it can't be a pleasant experience. XD



No exciting Horse Isle 2 news to share this week, so I will leave you with these photos of a few of Mom's Grand Champion horses having fun in the snow (and ice). Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment