Saturday, January 27, 2018

The British Appaloosa

HI2 has introduced another new breed: the British Appaloosa. This was another one of those huh, I didn't even know the breed existed additions for me. The BBB describes the British Appaloosa as an appaloosa-spotted sport horse breed, while most modern American Appaloosas are more of the stock horse mold. (Don't tell Talia, my American Appaloosa mare. I ride her English style, and she's an excellent jumper.)

Great job, creator of the British Appaloosa artwork. It is way more impressive than the somewhat awkward, tiny-hooved American Appaloosa's artwork.

a random (American) Appaloosa from the BBB
I still think the Nez Perce Horse horse has the best artwork of appaloosa-spotted breeds, though.
Wonderland, one of my awesome Nez Horses

British Appaloosas come in 4 beautiful appaloosa patterns, and there is variation within each pattern as well! I will now illustrate with BBB screenshots. =^)

Blanket:

solid blanket
spotted blanket


Leopard:

extra bold spots
blurred-edged spots

Snowflake:

subtle snowflakes
extreme snowflakes

Varnish Roan:

subtle varnish
extreme varnish
Note that hooves without white markings above them have the characteristic appaloosa striping, while hooves with white markings above them are solid. 

Like American Appaloosas, sometimes solid-colored British Appaloosas are born. Hence HI2's British Appaloosas can be solid-colored too. If a solid British Appy happens to have some feet without white markings, its hoof striping still gives it away as an appaloosa.


...but if a horse has 4 white feet, you'd never know!


Spots or no spots, I'd love to add one of these horses to our herd someday! <3


We haven't found any appaloosa-spotted wild horses of any breed this past week, but Lily and Rosetta did find another overo American Paint Horse!




Her spots remind me of icebergs. :^) It's too bad her stats aren't higher, because she's a beautiful horse with a great personality. *Sighs* Maybe someday we'll find our overo APH, but she's not it.


Lily and Rosetta also found two mahogany wild horses hanging out together on Twin Forest Isle. So appropriate!


They aren't so twin like up close. The one hiding behind the bush was the second Irish Cob we've ever caught:

And the one with her rear facing the camera was a star-less Furioso mare who looks a lot like Lily's mare Vega.

Vega
Finally, here is one more equine I just had to mention. I was auctioning the overo APH when I noticed her also up for auction. Nobody but the foreign bidder seemed interested, and I suppose I can see why upon first glance. She doesn't look very impressive.

Her stats are nothing to sneeze at, though: she is +5/6 and +77. I felt duty-bound to keep her on the game, so I bid.

I won the auction. (Sadly, nobody but the foreign bidder wanted the APH, though.) Nimbus, Lily's Eriskay stallion, is enjoying having another gray Eriskay Pony around, but I don't think she'll be staying permanently. The plan is to let her reach 1000 exp and then surrender her to the livery to (hopefully) be adopted by somebody. She is pretty cute, so I think she has a decent shot. 
Her avatar is quite amusing too: dapple gray with starkly black legs and muzzle. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment