Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Xanadu

Back on the 3rd of July, Hazel and I caught PepsiSummer's first ever 6/6 horse on jungle terrain. 


It looks like she wanted to go hide in that cave but didn't quite dare. =)

She is a Peruvian Paso, my favorite jungle-dwelling breed. She's also a lovely golden roan, which I assume is roan on palomino. I have convinced my sisters to let me keep her as a late birthday present even though she's yet another mare.



No wonder she didn't want to go in that cave.
Umber still wins the most difficult personality award, but this mare's three 0's are quite impressive. She'll come around, though. They all eventually do. ;) 

I have decided to name her Xanadu. Somebody needed to think of a mare name that started with an X, and I was up for the challenge. Thank you, Google, for introducing me to this tropical plant, Philodendron Xanadu, or Xanadu for short. Xanadu has a nice ring to it, don't you think? Rhymes with Timbuktu, but definitely more poetic.



According to Wikipedia, Xanadu was also the summer capital of Kublai Khan's Yuan Dynasty in China. Samual Taylor Coleridge mentions it in his famous poem Kubla Khan. It's also the title of a musical - the musical takes its title from a nightclub named Xanadu. Eh. I'm more interested in the plant.

Here is what Xanadu looks like under saddle:


A pale yellow palomino. So cheery.
She made me think of Brio when I first saw her, but luckily there is a definite difference in avatar body color.
Brio in all of his cremello glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment